Re: USRA Rebuilt Twin Hoppers with welded bodies

akerboomk

I shouldn’t wander astray of the group’s stated purpose, but I will anyhow (sorry)

Just to the west of Cheswick is the B&LE bridge over the Allegheny river (the one next to the Penna Turnpike bridge) – maybe 100-200’ above river level.  The C&H connected to the B&LE just north of the bridge.

It ran (downhill) to a switchback, then more downhill to the powerplant and the PRR interchange (slightly above river level).  You can kinda follow the ROW on Google Maps.

There were still tracks the last I was there in the late 1980s. I would assume they’re gone now, but one never knows.

--
Ken Akerboom