Ron

Thank you that is very useful.

Paul Doggett.    England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 14 Feb 2021, at 16:38, mopacfirst <ron.merrick@...> wrote:

Not a photo, but here is the MP diagram sheet for this car.  Basically, a pretty standard drop-shaft handbrake, which probably means the shaft was square.  I don't have a good end photo here of any of these classes of MP steel flatcars, which were built pre-war and pretty similar amongst themselves.  The 8000-8099 were built in 1938.

I wrote an article on similar groups of cars for the MPHS Eagle, and got some good photos of them.  Sorry to say, I'm in the process of moving so my Eagle collection has already moved while I'm here boxing up the layout.  I'll say the hand brake arrangement has nothing special about it, if that's any help.

Ron Merrick
<MP 1900-51 FRT CAR DGMS 171.pdf>