Re: Earliest Color Photo of US Freight Cars?

ed_mines

The description says it is a glass negative.

I was an engineer (chemical engineer) at the plate manufacturing department of Eastman Kodak from 1973-78.  We manufactured photographic glass plates which were glass plates coated with traditional silver halide based photographic emulsion.

Color photographic film has several layers of emulsion, each responsible for a different color..

I can say with certainty that photographic glass plates were never covered with multiple layers of emulsion up until the time I left.