Re: GN wood sheathed boxcar

Paul Doggett

Rich

That’s absolutely great love all the chalk marks.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 16 Feb 2021, at 21:14, Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:

I just finished GN 52631, a Resin Car Works model of a GN wood sheathed boxcar.  The model is primarily built per instructions.  I modeled a car with Universal brake gear.  To more closely simulate the rounded shape of the Universal brake housing seen in photos, I modified one of the brake gear castings included in the kit and added a Kadee Universal brake wheel.  Precision Scale air hose brackets and Hi-Tech Details air hoses were also added.  The prototype photo showed a lot of chalk marks.  I used Speedwitch decals for the chalk marks.  The prototype was repainted in 1952, including the small round reflective dots, which came from a Microscale GN caboose decal set.  The car was lightly weathered since it was repainted less than 4 years ago on my Sept. 1956 layout.

Sincerely,

Rich Remiarz

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Attachments: