Re: Rio Grande PS1

Schleigh Mike

Further to what I said below----

The October 1959 ORER does not show the D&RGW 50343 either.

The July 1970 ORER does show the car in the 50150-50499 series (341 cars) and in Note NN are shown to be leased from United States Railway Equipment Company.

I will leave it to others to find just when they got to the Rio Grande and from where they came.

Further regards from Grove City, Penna.    Mike Schleigh

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 12:13:11 PM EST, Schleigh Mike via groups.io <mike_schleigh@...> wrote:

Hello Scott & Group!

The date of the photo is 1973 and there is a USA map on the side, left of the door suggesting this is a leased car.  There is no entry under D&RGW in the Ed Hawkins list of newly built cars suggesting this car might be  beyond our time frame.  Rio Grande listing in the October 1958 ORER does not show this car.  That this car has a running board suggests that it 'got out there' before 1966 however.  Not sure this helps but it is what it is.

Regards from snowy Grove City, Penna. where it is still winter.   Mike Schleigh

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 11:29:36 AM EST, Scott <repairman87@...> wrote:

I am not a PS1 expert by any stretch so wondering what version of PS1 the proto photo is of the in EBAY link below?  The DRGW historical site says it was PS1 built in 1948 if that helps.  Comparing the photo to the Kadee cars the Kadee cars have an extra smaller rib on top.  Is there an HO scale model that would be closer to the proto photo?  I would like to add one to my fleet.

Rio Grande Proto photo Ebay link.

Thanks
Scott McDonald