Re: heavy duty trucks on B&LE hoppers

Bud Rindfleisch

Corey,
    Yes, those look to be the same 70 ton truck the B&LE used on the three bay "ore" hoppers. While at some point in time the outside brakes were removed just leaving the extended side frames as is. We might have talked before a few months back as I asked if you could upsize the artwork to print these in S scale. I am doing some B&LE hoppers sorely needing these trucks to make them look right. You would need the axle length I'm thinking? While my calipers are not reading properly I'll ask in my S list if anyone can tell the axle length of say the Northwest Shortline code 110 wheelsets.
     Thanks for chiming in on this!
      Bud Rindfleisch