Re: Heavy duty trucks on B&LE hoppers-Why?

Tony Thompson

Oh, I wish you hadn’t done this, Mont. I am so tired of the associated foolishness that the humor is long gone.
Tony Thompson

On Feb 20, 2021, at 5:54 AM, Mont Switzer <MSwitzer@...> wrote:

However, after loading the helium cars became lighter and therefore less need for the clasp brakes.

One professional railroader told me they had a helium car on the PRR that was overloaded and it actually started to float above the rails.  They had to open a valve to bleed some of the helium off to get it back down on the rails.

Or was it on the SP?

Mont