Re: Rio Grande PS1

Tim O'Connor

I've never heard that before but can someone confirm this about the AHM PS-1... ??

Where did the Walthers PS-1 come from? (I think Accurail acquired that tooling.)

On 2/19/2021 8:06 PM, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford wrote:
Ben and Tim,

IIRC the old AHM body with the separate ladders and a 7' door was 10' IH. I think this car was reissued by Model Power or somebody with the ladders and grabs cast in place. There was an article in the hobby press years ago about upgrading this car, I think to AC&Y (in brilliant yellow paint!). Sadly, it is not in my files.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 6:51 PM Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:
Tim O' Connor wrote:
"But I think the Kurtz Kraft body was 10-6."

It is...but because it's a flat kit, it's easier to take 6 inches off the height.

Ben Hom

Sterling, Massachusetts