Re: Rio Grande PS1

Dave Bayless

With the discussion about the Rio Grande PS-1's, this brings up another question I have had. These cars came from USRE and many were rebuilt with non PS-1 parts. I no that I have seen a picture of the Rio grande PS1 with diagonal panel roof only I can't find the resource that I saw that picture in. Does anyone know which car numbers received diagonal panel roofs? And if so we're those cars from the New Haven being 10 ft 0 in IH or from another railroad like Lehigh valley being 10 ft 6 in IH. The combination of the PS1 and diagonal panel roof would make an interesting car. Thanks in advance, Dave SilverStreak Bayless
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

------ Original message------
Date: Sat, Feb 20, 2021 8:55 AM
Cc:
Subject:Re: [RealSTMFC] Rio Grande PS1

I've never heard that before but can someone confirm this about the AHM PS-1... ??

Where did the Walthers PS-1 come from? (I think Accurail acquired that tooling.)

On 2/19/2021 8:06 PM, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford wrote:
Ben and Tim,

IIRC the old AHM body with the separate ladders and a 7' door was 10' IH. I think this car was reissued by Model Power or somebody with the ladders and grabs cast in place. There was an article in the hobby press years ago about upgrading this car, I think to AC&Y (in brilliant yellow paint!). Sadly, it is not in my files.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 6:51 PM Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:
Tim O' Connor wrote:
"But I think the Kurtz Kraft body was 10-6."

It is...but because it's a flat kit, it's easier to take 6 inches off the height.

Ben Hom

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.