Re: "steamerafreightcars.com" domain gone?

Rob Adams

Fellow Steam Freight Car modelers and historians;

    Please rest assured that the steamerafreightcars.com site hasn't perished.

    The site was down due to a problem resulting from a hosting migration.  My hosting service apparently didn't update the DNS properly when moving things to a new server and as a result the steamerafreightcars.com URL no longer pointed to an active platform.  The problem has been corrected and the site should be working normally.

    Intending to prevent service issues, I have the domain name and hosting set to renew automatically each year, but in this case human error interfered with the service.  All of my hobby sites were impacted by the same problem.  Unfortunately I've been monopolized for the past several months assisting an elderly parent after a health crisis and didn't catch the web hosting problem immediately.  I'm pleased to know that at least some of you still use this resource and regret any inconvenience or concern caused by the outage.

Kind regards,

Rob Adams

Wellman, IA

On 2/18/21 10:25 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Well said, Tim. I follow the same principles.
Tony Thompson

On Feb 18, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I make a small contribution ($3) to the INTERNET ARCHIVE each month, because they preserve
much of what has been lost already!!Yay for the Wayback Machine!! :-)

I support Wikipedia for the same reason - someone has to do it, and I'd hate to lose that resource! :-D

On 2/18/2021 6:41 PM, Dave Parker via groups.io wrote:
It looks like a complete version of steamerafreightcars.com from 11-30-20 (as well as earlier copies) is available on the Wayback Machine.  I didn't look in every nook, but it seemed complete to me.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

Sterling, Massachusetts