Re: Moving General Steel Castings

ROGER HINMAN

A good place to look would be the GSC collection at Museum of Transportation Library in St Louis;They have a lot of photos, I believe I saw some of what you’re looking for while I was there a couple of years ago. I do not know if they have reopened yet.

Roger Hinman

On Feb 23, 2021, at 3:26 PM, gary laakso <vasa0vasa@...> wrote:

GSC was located in Eddystone, PA, near the Baldwin Locomotive Works.  GSC supplied the industry with one piece engine beds/frames with cylinders cast integrally, tender trucks, tender under frames and trailer trucks.  Great Northern used their products in locomotive rebuilds and new construction as did other carriers.  It appears that Lima used GSC castings and I assume that ALCO did as well.

Has anyone seen pictures of these castings enroute to end users or being unloaded?

Gary Laakso
Northwest of Mike Brock