From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gatwood, Elden J SAD
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 2:00 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Red Owl warehouse

Clark;

Generally, they had to make some reasonable accommodation in either too hot summer, or too cool winter, to accommodate canned goods.  Reefers were perfect, but jealously guarded by their owners.

There is loads of correspondence on spoiled canned goods claims.

The attached is the non-reefer RR solution from the PRR:  Insulated, and with “Quick Loaders”, as restored for the Strasburg RR.

Elden Gatwood