Re: Red Owl warehouse

lsittler

Okay I guess from my experience in the Law Department we dealt with the issue of load dividers and the potential for injury that those dividers created. I should have checked the ORER before writing my comments.

From: Tony Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 8:06 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Red Owl warehouse

Les Sittler wrote:

My understanding is that the car designation RB stands for “Refrigerator Bunkerless” meaning a car without ice bunkers and that RBL stands for “Refrigerator Bunkerless Load dividers” for the appliances within the car. That’s my memory from working at FGE.

Almost. The ORER says that RBL stands for "Refrigerator Bunkerless Loading devices." (Not all loaders had dividers.)

Tony Thompson
tony@...