Re: Request help for a 1928 Equipment Register

Steve and Barb Hile

It looks like there were about 55 of these cars, as of October 1926 ORER

Steve Hile

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy Carlson
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 6:40 AM
To: STMFC E-List <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Request help for a 1928 Equipment Register

From Ted Cullota's series of books, "Focus on the Freight Car
vol ten other freight car types" has some great photos of various tank cars pictured from the 1930s. One of particular interest to me is the Rio Grande Oil Co., R.G.O.X. 234. The 10000 gallon tank car is a type 17 GATC design.

I would like to know if any of these cars date back to 1928 and if so, what numbers were assigned?

Thanks for any help for this project.

-Andy Carlson

Ojai CA

Inline image