Re: For Throwback Thursday: Santa Fe express boxcar 4155

Todd Sullivan

Dick,

That's a really nice 'conversion' from the old Athearn metal kit.  When I first got into the hobby as a 14 year old, the first kits I built - or tried to build - were some HO Athearn metal boxcars.  NH (my home road in Providence RI) and RI were the first two, I think.  Not easy kits to build properly, with all the interlocking metal parts, screws, roof rib forming, etc.  Coupler attachment was problematical, too - Kadee No. 4s in a draftgear box that was also the end of the centersill.  Whew!

I think you have created a silk purse out of something else.

Todd Sullivan