Re: Red Owl warehouse

Richard Townsend

Yeah, I think the SLRX should be SRLX. A common mistake. But what a job of putting this spreadsheet together! What struck me was the Hershey’s cars. I wonder if they did multiple deliveries per car, like some of the Swift cars did.

On Feb 26, 2021, at 6:46 PM, Todd Sullivan via groups.io <sullivant41@...> wrote:

Hi Clark,

Wow!  That Excel workbook is a labor of love.

It also raises lots of questions about where cars came from and where the loads out were going.  E.g., where did all that sugar in NP boxcars come from?  I don't suppose the seal books have origin or destination information?

I did find one set of questionable initials = SLRX (St Louis Refrigerator Line - beer), which I think should be SRLX (Swift Refrigerator Line - meat).  See rows 184-185.

Otherwise, a great wealth of information to ponder.

Thanks!!

Todd Sullivan