Re: Red Owl warehouse

Clark Propst

Todd also asked: “It also raises lots of questions about where cars came from and where the loads out were going.  E.g., where did all that sugar in NP boxcars come from?  I don't suppose the seal books have origin or destination information?

Some of the seals did have the RR of origin. Others may have the place, but I have no way of knowing what That may have been. I may go back and add a column for seal origins?

I have to assume that Groceries out were to satellite warehouses or team tracks in towns with more than one store?

Im thinking of using this info in a Hindsight 20/20 clinic down the road. I think a grocery warehouse would work well on the small shelf layouts that car in vogue now. We all have lots of box cars  ;  ))

Clark

Sent from Mail for Windows 10