Re: L&N Woodrack -- 3

Bob Chapman

Mont says:
Your jig for making the end bulkheads is interesting. Can you share from what the job is constructed? We all know that assembling styrene components in a styrene jig usually doesn’t go well.

Mont --
The jig is styrene (painted grey for contrast in the photo). Yeah, the solvent gets into everything. On the jig I left some extra space at each bulkhead joint, which helped a bit. And when gluing with the bulkhead in the jig, I used very sparing amounts of solvent for the first pass. Once dry and part removed from the jig, I then drowned the joint as usual.

Regards,
Bob Chapman

p.s. Thanks to all for the kind words.