Re: PFE Express Reefer Color

Tony Thompson

Ray Carson wrote:

I currently have a Walthers GACX express reefer that I was doing some modifications to match it with the PFE prototype. The problem is I got carried away and damaged the paint and some of the wood sheath details on the sides. Even though express reefers aren't technically considered freight cars but passenger cars, I was wondering if the PFE cars were actually dark olive like the UP and SP heavyweight cars or just the general Pullman green.

Dark Olive Green.

Also what are some good PFE decals to go with these cars? The Tichy decals are rather off as I look at them.

Not sure what is currently available.

Tony Thompson