Re: PFE Express Reefer Color

Bryian Sones

Ray,

I have a set of Champ Blue Ribbon BRH-34. One sheet has a slight bend or crease on it when I bought it.  Other than that both decals are in mint condition.
I could sell them to you at a fair price plus the shipping. I was having trouble finding more of them years ago and gave up.
When Martin Lofton Of Sunshine Models came out with his BR-40-10 (R-40-10) I bought a stack of decals from him so I don't need the Champs set.
PM me if you want them and we can work something out.

Kind Regards,

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Sunday, February 28, 2021, 05:25:40 AM PST, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Ray

If you can find them - CHAMP HX-11 and CHAMP BRH-340

On 2/28/2021 1:22 AM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Ray Carson wrote:

I currently have a Walthers GACX express reefer that I was doing some modifications to match it with the PFE prototype. The problem is I got carried away and damaged the paint and some of the wood sheath details on the sides. Even though express reefers aren't technically considered freight cars but passenger cars, I was wondering if the PFE cars were actually dark olive like the UP and SP heavyweight cars or just the general Pullman green.

Dark Olive Green.

Also what are some good PFE decals to go with these cars? The Tichy decals are rather off as I look at them.

Not sure what is currently available.

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts