From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Griffin
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2021 4:26 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Shortening Kadee Running Board

Friends,

I did a search of this and several lists and could not find an answer, has anyone ever shortened a Kadee running board? I am building a Rail Shop Carbon Black Hopper and want to replicate a 1948 build with an Apex running board. I would love to use a Kadee 50’ part and need to cut out 5’, presumably from the center in order to keep the end details in place.

Has anyone tried this or have suggestions that would make it easier? Photos? I know canopy glue is a good adhesive for adhering to supports and maybe I could make the joint over one. Thanks for your insights.

Bruce D. Griffin
Ashland, MD
https://bomodeling.com/blog/