Re: Red Owl warehouse

Jack Mullen

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 07:20 AM, Clark Propst wrote:

I’m taking a minute to glance at the sugar car seals. I’ll write down any initials in the seal numbers as I find them.

NP, Holly, ASR? ...

Holly is likely Holly Sugar, of Holly Colo., a beet sugar producer.  ASR suggests American Sugar Refining, an East coast producer of cane sugar with plants in New York, Boston, Baltimore and Louisiana.

A supermarket grocery warehouse would receive sugar from multiple locations, because the stores will carry multiple brands, and both cane and beet sugar. Beet sugar would tend to have a price advantage, while many cooks prefer cane sugar  for baking.

Jack Mullen