Re: Yards and Terminals and Their Operation was Freight Terminals & Trains

Nolan Hinshaw

On Feb 28, 2021, at 14:14, Peter Ness <prness@comcast.net> wrote:

And to complete the Droege “trilogy”, Yards and Terminals and Their Operation is also available on google books;
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Yards_and_Terminals_and_Their_Operation/AGw5AAAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=Yards+and+terminals+and+their+operation&printsec=frontcover
I have the complete set.

Frankly, as a New Haven modeler these are “must have’s”. While Droege covers many different railroads across all three books, many of his diagrams and operational descriptions are based on the work he did while at the New Haven Railroad.
One problem I find with the google books is some of the fold-out diagrams are cropped.
As I mentioned up-thread, I got the two more recent tomes from the local public library and copied the fold-outs.
--
"He sold his earthright for a pot of message."
F. Feghoot