Re: Kadee early PS-1

Tim O'Connor

Sam

I'm very surprised that you would consider 8 foot door cars, but not the 7 foot door cars.
The New Haven had a large number of these cars - they would be very important to STMFC
northeastern modelers, and probably of some interest to most other STMFC class 1 modelers.

And if you ever did the 10 foot inside height cars, that would be manna from heaven!! :-D
The New Haven also had a large number of these cars, and many ended their lives working
for other railroads (i.e. more paint schemes).

Tim O'Connor

On 3/2/2021 1:18 PM, SamClarke via groups.io wrote:

Hello STMFC,

That’s a pretty good list that Ben Hom gave us.

6 ft - ATSF, CGW, CIL, CMO, CNW, COPR, CP, DSS&A, KCS, LS&BC, MKT, NYC, P&WV, SOU, UP

7 ft - B&M, LV, MEC, NH

8 ft - SAL, SL-SF, SOU

Yes, they do meet our standards and we’ve produced a few of these cars already, mostly sold out though. We may or may not do the 8 ft door cars. There are a number of paint schemes and roads we can now do that we could not do before because the cars were pre 1950 cars. The pre-1950 cars have quite a number of transitioning details that are quite different than the cars built after 1950. See Ed Hawkins info as he has helped us way beyond just a thank you.

We’re planning a few more this coming year, no I can’t tell you what roads or when.

Sterling, Massachusetts