From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Kremer
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 1:36 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] AB brake component location on the SP A-50-4

I just completed two Great Northern hog fuel cars.  Forty foot cars made from old flat cars.  AB brakes as well.  What I am curious about is that they too had the top of the ends painted white, exactly like this SP car.  Usually I would have thought it was for an excess height car but neither the GN cars or this car are of unusual height.  Was it to designate that there was no roof?  Had not seen this before.

Thanks,

Scott Kremer