Re: Cardox dry ice cars

ROGER HINMAN

The Cardox cars were ex NYC 40’ boxcars with special inserts and new doors applied; I don’t have the NYC boxcar lot number handy but the ends are 5-5; there’s a photo of CDCX 101 on p 218 of my MDT book that clearly shows the end

Roger Hinman

On Mar 3, 2021, at 8:43 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

The roof appears to be rectangular panel. Can't tell what the ends are.
Tim

On 3/3/2021 5:32 PM, Richard Townsend via groups.io wrote:
Does anyone know what kind of roof and what kind of ends were on the Cardox dry ice cars in the CDCX 100-122 series? I suspect diagonal panel roofs and 1/3/4 or 4/4 ends, but I'm hoping to get some authoritative information.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Sterling, Massachusetts <cdcx_106 40ft_reefer CardoxDryIceLiquid 1956.jpg>