Re: AB brake component location on the SP A-50-4

kevinhlafferty

Thank you Tim, that's actually very helpful (or at least provides me a source of plausible deniability). I would suspect that you are correct and the configuration would be very similar to the A-50-6. I took a look at the 1/53 ORER and found 28 A-50-4s still in interchange. Tony Thompson's blog on this class shows several being retired in '53 and '54, probably the last survivors. It's interesting to note that at least a couple of these cars were equipped with AB brakes in '53 according to the car ledger sheets that Tony Thompson quoted. Seems those improvements were rather short lived, unless they went to MOW. Thanks again for the help.