Jim

Thank you.

Paul Doggett

On 5 Mar 2021, at 23:13, James Brewer <jim.brewer.3611@...> wrote:

I checked with Ray Stern; he said Microsoft advised it happened this morning from someone in Nigeria using the Chrome browser.

Jim Brewer

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 1:59 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Or SPOOFED. Once a spammer gets hold of someone's address book, they can make
emails appear to come from anywhere. Just like fake caller IDs on robot phone calls. Ain't
technology great? :-P

It could be fixed, but no one can make a fortune off you by fixing it... So, it will probably
never be fixed. As Bill Gates once famously said, the worst reason to fix something is simply
because it is broken.

So called "hacking" is actually quite rare i.e. breaking into your actual machine. But almost all
email services now FORCE users to store their emails in the "cloud" - and that includes their
address books. This is the "imap" protocol which has serious security problems. Comcast
forced me to switch last year.

Tim O'Connor

On 3/5/2021 11:20 AM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io wrote:
I don't think it's the site, I think Mr Stern has been hacked.

Schuyler