Re: eBay Follies

A decade or so ago, I divested my built blue boxes for $5-$10/car. Most were stock, but with NMRA recommended weight plus Kadee couplers and wheels. The $10 cars were ones I had painted and decaled.

Thanks!
Brian Ehni
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Mar 6, 2021, at 12:30 PM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Ben Hom wrote:

Actually, trying to get rid of a bunch and doing pricing research as quick sales at local shows are off the table at the moment.  Plus I have way more than what I'll ever need as kitbash fodder.

Ah yes, I well recall keeping a stash of all kinds of Blue Box car kits as kitbash fodder. Most ended up being given away. Even marking them at 50 cents didn't sell them at most meets.
Even the cars I had weathered and given Kadee couplers would only sell for a few bucks. Maybe I needed to have tried something like a Greenburg show.

Tony Thompson