Re: Rio Grande Oil Company HO decals special run

John Barry

Disappointment, yes and no.  Yes about not lettering a car in Andy's colorful livery.  No in that I have insight into tank car traffic for my layout.  Richfield Oil had a tank farm served by the Santa Fe at the end of a spur from Richmond's Ferry Point.  They did not have a Bay Area refinery to the best of my knowledge.  It seems likelier than not that they would have shipped product into the Bay area via the SP coast line and interchanged to the Santa Fe for delivery making it unlikely that I'd have ROX tanks in my thru freights from Stockton but plausible to come out of Oakland on the local.  Now if I can figure out which of the ROX 10K cars came from the RGOX prototypes for the Tangent cars.  I've concluded that the two compartment RGOX 101 & 102 became ROX 792 & 798.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

On Sunday, March 7, 2021, 07:35:59 PM EST, Richard Townsend via groups.io <richtownsend@...> wrote:

Rio Grande merged with Richfield in 1936.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR