From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Ogden
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 9:37 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Help Identifying Unusual Boxcar (MoPac coke service?)

Maybe the coke car was lost.

One of the things that did happen with alarming frequency is a car would get misdirected. On the MoPac there was an El Dorado, Kansas and an El Dorado, Arkansas and both were in oil fields and one had a Skelly and the other a Lion Oil refinery. Both were pronounced El-Doe-RAY-doe and the team tracks would sometimes get misdirected equipment will oilfield machinery. The Kansas machinery should have been sent to Arkansas for example.

The car might have been sent to Salem, Oregon instead of Salem, Illinois for interchange. Salem, Illinois was in an area where a lot of railroads crossed. Watch someone in Oregon send it to Massachusetts next.

Jim Ogden
Argyle, Texas