Re: Mis-routed Cars ... was Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Help Identifying Unusual Boxcar (MoPac coke service?)

Dennis Storzek <destorzek@...>

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 10:42 AM, Jim Betz wrote:
  And why would you expect your operators to be any less human than
the guys on the 1-1 RRs.  *G*
As one who likes to play the game when operating, if I was the yard crew building that train a car with no paperwork would never get on it, but be set over somewhere until the paperwork catches up. Every yard needs its version of the "99 track" for just this reason. But if I'm crewing a train that's all made up, inspected and the air test made, the car is going with rather than cause all the delay that would result from cutting it out. Let the next yard figure it out. After all, if it's lost, there's a 50-50 chance it will end up closer to its destination.

Dennis Storzek