From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 4:20 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Locomotives to the USSR via Portland, OR and the SP&S

Elden,

Something like these two photos? Based on what Gary said, these are probably Baldwins since they are on Pennsylvania flat cars. So are they going to Russia, or to western Europe? Don't know. I would vote for Russia, since they seemed to like decapods. The two photos come from a War Department publication on WWII U.S. Army transportation in all forms that I found in the U.S. Govt Documents section at the UVA Library where I worked. Yes, they are public domain.

Makes me wonder if better photos might be found in the National Archives.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆