From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Richard Wilkens <railsnw123@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 11:31 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Locomotives to the USSR via Portland, OR and the SP&S

Hi All,

The material Paul Hobbs used in creation of his article came from the SP&S Railway Historical Society Archives and this comes from SP&S File 272-17-3 "Exports to Russia".

I have attached a few letters from this file which are for the locomotives and the power trains. Besides the PRR "converter cars" (cars with knuckle couplers one end and Willison couplers on the other end) there were also DL&W cars setup this way.

Richard Wilkens

Editor "The Northwest's Own Railway"
Archivist, SP&S Railway Historical Society