Re: BREX 74893 reefer

Tony Thompson

Dennis Storzek wrote:

Decades ago John Nehrich wanted to call them "bifurcated" ends. But they're really just the standard Dreadnaught pattern as normally seen from the inside.

      I disagree, Dennis. Look at the ribs with the "indents." They are the major ribs, not the flat parts between the ribs. On normal Dreadnaughst, the flat parts between the major ribs have the "darts" at the ends. Here the "darts" are in the ribs themselves.
        There certainly are cases of really "reversed" Dreadnaught ends, especially visible on gondolas. But I don't think this is one.

Tony Thompson

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.