Re: BREX 74893 reefer

Tony Thompson

Dennis Storzek wrote:

Well Tony, we can agree to disagree.

Sure, and I don't want to wrangle nomenclature here. But I do think physical appearance matters.

What is "rib" and what is the space between the ribs chances as you move the neutral axis of the end sheet from one face of the pressing pattern to the other, but the details of the pressings remain the same.

I believe you CAN distinguish a rib from the flat parts. The ribs have convex shape (from outside) and taper toward the car sides. The flat parts are just flat, side to side. If looked at from the other side, the flat parts would not look like ribs, they would still be flat parts, though uppermost from the pressed-in ribs (from that side).

Tony Thompson