Zoom is a pretty good tool, for what it does. I've tried Google Meet and found it was a lot more problematic than Zoom, and didn't have as many bells and whistles. Zoom's virtual backgrounds look like they would be fun to play with, but they require a computer with a quad (or higher) processor. My machine only has a dual processor. I'm still trying to learn how to do my own presentations for the Society for Creative Anachronism re-enactment club, but my tests have yet to be successful. I've not been too good with computers since my I-Mac Snow with OS9 died!

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 1:45 PM Jim and Barbara van Gaasbeek <jvgbvg@...> wrote:

Slightly OT –

I just got off a Zoom call with one participant along the Space Coast, one in Queens, one outside SF and three of us in SoCal.  We had about 3-second latency on the sound.  Has anyone else experienced that, or was it just our hook-up.

Jim van Gaasbeek

Irvine, CA

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Clark Propst
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 10:19 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Zooming across the conutry

This morning I did a Zoom presentation for a NMRA group out in Michigan and Indiana. Besides HS2020 I know there're smaller groups having regular Zoom meetings. It's a good way for local groups to bring in 'fresh blood' for a talk. Might be something for guys to consider. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get a speaker from elsewhere in the country. I was asked to do something for a group out in the NW, but didn't know of such things as Zoom then.
Just a thought...
Clark Propst