Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 1:39 PM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Ellsworth Coal Line ?

Does anyone know what the Ellsworth Coal Line was ?

In the 1920s, 30s, and 40s the CPR owned a large number of 40-ft steel drop-bottom coal gondolas that were stenciled ELLSWORTH COAL LINE in addition to the normal CPR lettering.

There was a James Ellsworth who owned coal mines but what was the Ellsworth Coal Line and why would it be stenciled on many CPR gondolas ?

John Riddell