Re: ICC valuation

Tony Thompson

Mike Schleigh wrote:

I suspect this issue of inclusion of rolling stock details within the Valuation Reports may have been a railroad-to-railroad decision.  Some have already reported that they found no references to the rolling stock in what they inspected at the National Archives.

Not sure where this idea came from, but rolling stock was very definitely part of EVERY valuation. Remember, the purpose was to establish the investment value of each railroad, so that a fair "return on investment" could be accomplished with regulated freight rates (this never happened).
      There are several valuation accounts for rolling stock, previously mentioned, such as Account 53 for freight cars, for EVERY railroad. I have the SP accounts, as one example, which I purchased from the late Bill Edson.

Tony Thompson