Re: Vallejo paint

Douglas Harding

Clark, Vallejo makes two versions of their acrylic paint. One called Model Color is for brush-on application. The other is called Model Air and is thinned for airbrushing. According to their website they are formulated differently.

I have only found Model Color in individual bottles at Hobby Lobby. I really liked how it flowed and covered using a brush, but it is way too thick for airbrushing. The last time I checked Hobby Lobby did have Model Air, but only in a package of 8 colors for airplanes, which I did not want. I believe the thinner is design for use with Model Air.

I suspect you got a bottle of Model Color for brush-on application.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clark Propst
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 10:07 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Vallejo paint

I know a lot of guys like the Vallejo brand paint. I bought my first vial, tube, whatever they’re called of Vallejo paint at Hobby Lobby alone with a thingy of thinner. I attached the cup to my trusty old Paasche H and dribbled in some paint, then dribbled in some thinner and stirred, not shaken. The stuff came out onto my test piece is blobs, not well mixed. It did dry fairly smooth.

Questions: How should I’ve mixed the stuff? What do you do with the leftovers?

Luckily I didn't like the color for my project, so I don't have to mess with the stuff...till next time....

Clark Propst

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.