Re: [EXT] [RealSTMFC] REDEMPTION

WILLIAM PARDIE

Thanks to all who have replied to this ;post.  I guess that I was not very clear with my comment on the PRR gondola.  I had no doubt that these cars made it to the west coast.  My concern was the container load.  To me this makes this car special.
While I do not expect that the Prototype :Police will show up at my door and penalize me, I do try to keep my roster contained with cars that would hav e traveled to the west coast.  I have documented a red,white and blue New Haven car in San
Francisco.  The DT2I hopper lends credence to an ;eastern hopper making an appearance.  I do not have a Jones And Laughton tank car on m roster although  think that it is a really neat car.

I am always pleased with the comments and views of our knowledgable list members.

Thanks Again and Stay Safe:

Bill Pardie

On Mar 26, 2021, at 3:50 AM, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

Bruce is certainly correct! The PRR had 227,881 freight cars service in 1942 (see attached for all railroads from the SRHA archives), no other road comes close. PRR cars would have been everywhere.

Ike

<1941-9-20 AAR Car Service Div 1942 frt car situation Pg 1.jpeg>

<1941-9-20 AAR Car Service Div 1942 frt car situation Pg 2.jpeg>