Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Unloading Grain From A Boxcar

Schuyler Larrabee

Thanks, Bruce, I have not been familiar with the powered plows.  The winch is not visible in the photo.  Now I “get it.”

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Smith
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 1:40 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Unloading Grain From A Boxcar

Schuyler,

The chains pull the plows. The men drag them back into the load, shove them down and then someone starts the winch that pulls on chains. By having one high and one low, it keeps the plow correctly oriented.

The birfurcated duct is a loading chute. Grain flows from the elevator through that and into the car. Notice how it is higher than the grain door? 😉

Regards,

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL