NJI&I to Wabash at Pine - Part 3

Gary Roe

Here is another installment of "Daily Interchange Report of Cars" from the NJI&I to the Wabash at Pine in 1953.  The following list is dated 06May53.  All cars originated at South Bend.  I am showing Initials, Number, Destination, Contents.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

The first group of cars were left between 10A and noon for pick up by Westbound Train 89, due at Pine around 9:30A on 07May.

CWC   9622    Chicago IL          Empty
GN    51347   Chicago IL          Empty
SOO   44130   Chicago IL          Empty
GN    20550   Chicago IL          Empty
NJII  78047   Mahoney KS          Paper Boxes

This group of cars were left between 10A and midnight for pick up by Eastbound Mixed Passenger Train 52, due at Pine at 8:04A on 07May.

L&N   77487   New Paris IN        Empty
L&N   181645  New Paris IN        Empty
Sou   119059  Wolcottville IN     Empty

This group of cars were left between 11P and midnight for pick up by Westbound Mixed Passenger Train 51, due at Pine at 11:53A on 08May.

NLLX  3769    Whiting IN          Empty
IC    83903   Indiana Harbor IN   Scrap
SP    60755   North Liberty IN    Empty
ATSF  144000  North Liberty IN    Empty

The Wabash did not get much Line Haul for the last 2 cars.  North Liberty is only 5.5 miles from Pine.