To: STMFC
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021 10:51 AM
Subject: PRR class X26 USRA ss boxcar in 1948

Hi List Members,

A great view of a gritty 1948 industrial scene. A PRR class X26 USRA ss boxcar is visible. Note the original wooden door has been replaced with a steel door by this time. Also note the switch engine hiding between the cuts of cars, a switchman is standing by to help out with whatever needs to still be done. This would make a great scene on a model railroad, don't you think? I also like the damaged brick wall - both on the prototype and on any model this would beg the question  - what happened there? Did a careless forklift operator back the thing right thru the wall coming from the loading dock side?

Use the "Pan and Zoom" tool to get closer to the action.

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund