Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR class X26 USRA ss boxcar in 1948

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

With respect to diamond oriented placards on boxcars, the three types I have seen are DANGEROUS and ACID and INFLAMMABLE.

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2021 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR class X26 USRA ss boxcar in 1948

Brian;

I can’t see enough to see what specific placard this might be, but I used to have a collection of hazardous material placards most of which were diamond-shaped (meant to be displayed like that).  I got many from tank cars, but not all:  “Inflammable”, etc.

I have seen these on box cars, but have no idea if this was a “standard”, “accepted” use.  Someone stapled them onto one or more tack boards.

Richard Hendrickson and I had a long conversation about these.  He and Tony, IIRC, worked on assembling a package for MicroScale to do them as decals.  It is a very nice set.  Presto, model!

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Stokes
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 8:08 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR class X26 USRA ss boxcar in 1948

Anyone know what the diamond shaped placard on the end of the car at far left is? 

The switch leading to the track the locomotive is on with its points inside the crossover switch is an interesting detail as well. Would be fun to model. 

--
Brian Stokes
North Point Street in Proto:48

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.