Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2021 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR class X26 USRA ss boxcar in 1948

Brian;

I can’t see enough to see what specific placard this might be, but I used to have a collection of hazardous material placards most of which were diamond-shaped (meant to be displayed like that).  I got many from tank cars, but not all:  “Inflammable”, etc.

I have seen these on box cars, but have no idea if this was a “standard”, “accepted” use.  Someone stapled them onto one or more tack boards.

Richard Hendrickson and I had a long conversation about these.  He and Tony, IIRC, worked on assembling a package for MicroScale to do them as decals.  It is a very nice set.  Presto, model!

Elden Gatwood