Re: GRANDT LINE OIL DISTRIBUTOR FOOTNOTE AND QUESTION

Tony Thompson

BILL PARDIE wrote:

I painted thousands of drums without giving it much thought. The Grandt Line tqanks are drying while awaiting Flying A logos that afre being produced. My thoughts went to painting detaild for the facility. Flying A was active in Hawaii at the time but I do not recall noticing what color they painted their drums. Hopefully someone with a long memory might recall what color color they used on their drums.
There are photos of Associated drums in red with a white center stripe, and black with a red stripe. Probably other combos too. Most oil companies did this for different products, such as grease, etc. Associated used Tidewater"s trade names for lubricants (Tydol and Veedol), as they had joined Tidewater to form Tidewater Associated before WW II.

Tony Thompson
tony@signaturepress.com