Re: Roster help Coal Belt Railway freight cars circa 1902-1905

Marty McGuirk

Had no idea there was a real railroad called the Coal Belt.
The only Coal Belt I knew of was Bill Henderson’s wonderful HO layout set in Camelback country.

Marty

On Apr 6, 2021, at 3:21 PM, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

If anyone has a ORER from 1904 I’d like to know if any freight cars are listed for the Coal Belt Railway. I’m finishing up an article for the MISSouri Pacific Historical Society on the Coal Belt Electric and Coal Belt Railways and when Peabody Coal Company sold the two railroads to George Gould (Iron Mountain) the contract states the CBRy had two locomotives and freight cars.  I’ve got the locomotives identified but can’t determine what the freight roster was.  I assume hoppers given their primary customers were coal mines but would obviously like to know more.

So if anyone has a 1902-1905 ORER it might disclose what they owned.

Thanks
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.