Re: PFE Reefer in NYC Express Train

mopacfirst

I watch the Sunshine items closely.  I think the express reefers suffer from a double whammy, one being the most significant issue, that this prototype was later done in plastic, by Walthers and maybe others.  The other issue with these wood-side express reefers being that they were issued with lettering for a number of roads who only owned them, and maybe only owned a small number, for a short time.  There are a number of other Sunshine releases that were later done in plastic, sometimes only a couple years after the Sunshine release, which effectively torpedoed the sales of the resin kit.

Ron Merrick