Re: HOn3 D&RGW caboose

gary laakso

The PFE 1963 catalogue (8th Edition) shows two windows on the side on the smoke stack side.   The same caboose with the dual windows on the smokestack side is shown in the 7th Edition catalogue.  The 9th edition catalogue shows two windows on the non-smoke stack side.

Gary Laakso

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Todd Sullivan via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 12:17 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] HOn3 D&RGW caboose

Schuyler,

I don't want to tout the obvious, but the PFM label on the caboose (the bottom, I assume) identifies it as a PFM product, and it definitely has the appearance of a D&RGW narrow gauge caboose with 4 wheel trucks.I'm not sufficiently conversant with Rio Grande ng cabooses to be able to suggest a number or series, but there are photos on Google that show several of these short cabooses with numbers in the 0500 series.

Todd Sullivan