Re: HOn3 D&RGW caboose (amended)

Bryian Sones

The caboose side widow configuration is typical of the D&RGW short caboose.

The single window side would have the stove with a bunk next to it.

The model Mark found on  brasstrains, is correctly modeled 0578  (all spotting features I mentioned seem to match the prototype pics)

The trucks on the model have been replaced. They are Blackstone Caboose trucks.

The dual brake cylinder I believe is an error. It should have a brake cylinder and air reservoir on the other side.

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Monday, April 12, 2021, 02:21:53 PM PDT, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

Mark!  Thanks for this find, that is the caboose, EXCEPT that the trucks are different.  The one in the linked images has outside hanger brakes, where as the trucks for the subject model do not.  I suspect that the trucks on the brasstrains.com guide page are replacements.  I can tell you that disassembling the caboose this morning convinced me that it has never been disassembled before.

It also appears that the person who painted that caboose removed the brass cast scale coupler pocket in favor of a Kadee box.

Schuyler